Manual for installation and operation of the billing system UTM5
The present manual is intended for the providers of internet and telephony services using the NetUP UTM5 billing system. The document covers basic functionality of UTM5 v. 5.3-001, as well as the typical necessary actions during its startup, deployment, and operation.
The following elements are emphasized in the text:
Terms (on first occurrence);
Inline code pieces and commands;
List of terms
- (Domain Name Service) is a distributed system that translates human-readable domain names to numerical IP addresses.
- (Transmission Control Protocol / Internet Protocol) is a stack of protocols used in computer networks.
- (Hypertext Transport Protocol) is an application layer network protocol.
- (HTTP Secure) is extension of HTTP enabling encrypted communication.
- (User Datagram Protocol) is a transport level network protocol used to transfer data without guaranteed reliability.
- (Transmission Control Protocol) is a transport level network protocol used for reliable and ordered transfer of data.
- (Media Access Control) is a level of communications system that provides addressing and channel access control mechanisms.
- MAC address
- is a unique identifier of a device in a network.
- (Secure Socket Layer) is a cryptographic network protocol.
- is a networking device that connects devices within a segment.
- is a networking device that connects network segments.
- (eXtensible Markup Language) is a language for representing structured data.
- is a system that organizes and stores large amounts of data.
- is a group of connected computers used as a single computing facility.
- Billing system
- is a system that automatically accounts for the use of services and sends bills to the customers.
- is the International Organization for Standardization.
- is the American National Standards Institute.